Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Coraggio supplies have arrived (and I should never be allowed to cut fabric)

Hi!  Just wanted to pop in and say that I have nearly all the supplies for beginning to work on Coraggio.  Happily, all the silks were waiting for me on Christmas Eve at my parent's house.  I have two colors on back order and one, 2534, which is not available from Access Commodities.  I haven't decided how to handle the missing color yet.

I chose the fabric for the piece after I got the silks, read the back of the graph to determine what size of fabric I needed, measured and cut.  Whoops, as usual, I got ahead of myself and somehow got it into my head that my ruler was 20 inches long, not 18.  Which meant that I only added an extra 4 inches to the end of the ruler, instead of 6 like I should have.  Yeah, I wish I could say this was an unusual mistake for me, but it's not.  Usually, I stitch on whole quarters and halves of fabric to avoid this issue.  But this was a whole yard, and I didn't relish the thought of keeping the rest of the material under control as I stitched.  No worries, though.  I will just have inch and a half borders on two sides instead of the 2 inches called for.  I think I can handle that, since I'll be pinning the piece for framing myself.  ; )

Here's a snap of the silks I have so far on my chosen, 40 count linen:

I had intended to keep this project as my New Years start.  But I am seriously tempted to dig in later this evening.  Hmmm...

Happy stitching everyone!

9 comments:

Krista said...

The colors look absolutely beautiful, the blues are so pretty! I don't know how you will resist! ;)

Kathy Ellen said...

Ooohh Nicola. You must be so relieved that you will have enough linen for the borders. The new silks are beautiful. Can't wait to see your start on 'Coraggio'.

I mut tell you, that your progress on 'Ann Hall' is amazing, like all of your needlework!

Blessings in Stitches & Friendship!

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous colours and if I were you I would start straight away!

Faye said...

You'll be fine with the fabric border.... Love those colors and look forward to an immediate start!!!!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I stitch with that size of border most of the time and it's just fine - I can't work on large pieces so I always keep my fabric to the minimum size at all times.

Lanie said...

Such pretty colors...Coraggio looks like she will be fun to stitch...Enjoy!

Nicola said...

Coraggio is on my must stitch list, it is such a stunning sampler. I am going to enjoy seeing your progress.

Gabi said...

Thankfully you'll still have enough border. Corragio is such a wonderful sampler. Looking really forward to see yours growing

Ellen said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress, Robin.

Did you give in to temptation and start or are you still waitign until New Years's Day? I'm working on the SL's Ann Hair now and will begin The Essamplaire's Ann Marie Clarke on January 1st.