Hi! Just wanted to pop in and say that I have nearly all the supplies for beginning to work on Coraggio. Happily, all the silks were waiting for me on Christmas Eve at my parent's house. I have two colors on back order and one, 2534, which is not available from Access Commodities. I haven't decided how to handle the missing color yet.
I chose the fabric for the piece after I got the silks, read the back of the graph to determine what size of fabric I needed, measured and cut. Whoops, as usual, I got ahead of myself and somehow got it into my head that my ruler was 20 inches long, not 18. Which meant that I only added an extra 4 inches to the end of the ruler, instead of 6 like I should have. Yeah, I wish I could say this was an unusual mistake for me, but it's not. Usually, I stitch on whole quarters and halves of fabric to avoid this issue. But this was a whole yard, and I didn't relish the thought of keeping the rest of the material under control as I stitched. No worries, though. I will just have inch and a half borders on two sides instead of the 2 inches called for. I think I can handle that, since I'll be pinning the piece for framing myself. ; )
Here's a snap of the silks I have so far on my chosen, 40 count linen:
I had intended to keep this project as my New Years start. But I am seriously tempted to dig in later this evening. Hmmm...
Happy stitching everyone!