Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 31 December 2012

Christmas Sampler progress

Happy New Years greetings to all,
Here is a picture of the progress I have made on the Christmas Sampler.


I am planning on filling in with the aqua as I go, so that I don't have all of it left to do at the end.  I have also realized that this chart had originally included another page that has somehow been lost since I bought the chart in 1991.  I think that it had instructions for how to stitch the strawberry vines surrounding the main verse.  Also the short verse inside the wreath.  Fortunately, I can read that on the chart with a magnifying glass.  The strawberry vines I'll just have to fudge...

It is so much fun reading about everybody's progress.
Hugs
Melinda

7 comments:

Nicola said...

I adore this sampler and am going to stitch it sooner rather than later.

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful sampler. I am sure it will look wonderful when it is finished.

brod'attitude said...

Very nice sampler

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Fabulous start.

Maybe someone else who has this chart can help you with the lost instructions.

I wish this one was in my collection.

Inguna said...

It is going to be very, very beautiful! And like Barbara I can only sigh - I wish this one was in my collection!

Kathy said...

Very pretty start and I love the little bunny under the tree.

Lelia said...

Lovely!