Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Another Pattern Found in my Stash!

Hi All,  I found another SL pattern in my stash and (I think) it is one I have not yet seen posted here...it is so pretty:  Afghani Belt (picture from the SL site):


 
And here is the link to tell you all about the pattern.
 
http://www.scarlet-letter.com/samplers/afghani.php

Don't you love the way Marsha tells you so much about each pattern?  I could (and do) read her web site for extended periods of time.
 
Now, one needs to ask why am I posting and reading blogs instead of doing what I should be doing?  Je ne sais pas.  It's a pleasant way to pass time.  But, now I must get back to other things (I did manage to do another leaf and I did manage to cast on the front of our son's sweater!!).Maybe by weekend or early next week I will have some progress pics of PLL. 

5 comments:

Scarlet Letter said...

Fond memories of this piece. I was in Paris in 2001, right after 9/11, and visited a shop selling Afghani textiles on the left bank. The embroidery was amazing. I could only afford this belt (which can be adjusted, btw) and some other odds and ends. Afghani women are amazing embroiderers.

Nicola said...

The colours are delicious Vera, I do hope that you will stitch this and share your progress.

I am not aware of anyone else planning on stitching the belt.

I spend hours browsing the SL online catalogue and enjoy reading the background information.

What I cannot understand though is how I keep seeing charts I have not noticed popping up on the group.

Elaine said...

Very pretty, like Nicola I thought I had been through the catalogue several times and yet I keep seeing new samplers on this blog ;o)

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

I have always loved the colors and motifs on this belt.

I look forward to seeing your progress.

Dona said...

Beautiful colors!It's such an interesting design. I'm glad you are stitching this.