Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Ann Johnson's Verse

Earlier today Jo asked about the verse on Ann Johnson.


Here it is courtsesy of Marsha.


"The Lord is Only My Support, And he that doth Me Feed
how Can i then Lack Any thing Whereof i Stand in Need
Love thou the Lord And he Will be A tender Father
Unto the  happy is the Man that is Content Alone And
Needs No Entertainment  but his Own
Ann Iohnson is My Name And England is My Nation
Cursitors Ally is My Dwelling Place And Christ
is My Salvation
Remember Now thy Creator in the days Of thy Youth
While the evil days Come No Nor the Years draw
Nigh When thou Shall Say I have No Pleasure in them"



Thank you Marsha for your assistance.

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for that!!

It's not too gloomy either LOL.

Ok, she's back on the list once I've stitched the English Transitional.