Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 2 December 2012

Although you can read the previous sad/happy saga of my determination at this link: Rachel Ayres, I will copy the photos of my progress here.

I am stitching on 30 count fabric using 2 strands of AVAS for the over two stitching and most of the specialty stitches and one strand for the over one areas and the queen stitches,  There are a couple of motifs that also included overdyed silk.

Queen stitches for the birdseed in the basket.

Just noticed the missing stitch - will have to go back and add it in!

Various stitches used for the partial alphabet.


First of many over one sections....


I love using the queen stitch for the strawberry border!


I used an overdyed Waterlilies silk for the pink in the carnation motif.

I played around with the charting & colors for the butterfly.



The daisy is one of my fave motifs on this sampler!

I recharted this flower to my liking.

House in progress - I have since changed the panes of the transom window.

6 comments:

Nicola said...

Delfi

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful photos of your work on Rachel. They have made me all the more determined to stitch her soon.

The colours are mouth watering. She is going to look amazing finished, framed and proudly hung in your home.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Delfi, I love all you have done, but especially that magnificent butterfly!!
Melinda

samplerlover said...

Such a beautiful sampler Delfi. It is lovely to see all of her elements in all of their glory. Thank you. Sandra.

Lelia said...

WOW! What stunning needlework you have done. Perfect stitches. Beautiful motifs - quite stunning project in the works!! Go You!

Ms Divers said...

Beautiful, Delfi, I love it!

Elaine said...

very pretty colours and beautiful stitching.