Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 5 December 2012

A Post on behalf of Tatyana

Dear Nicola, 

Thank you so much for this awesome idea! The Scarlett Letter repros are very popular and somethimes they are so big, so it's scary to start them. SAL is a helpful hand. Hope you'll have an all year long birthday party!!!


Nicola and Jo thank you for running this group. I know it is not an easy job.


A few words about myself, my name is Tatyana (or Tatiana - the spelling varies). I live in Russia in a small (for Russia) town Naberezhnye Chelny (don't even try to read it). I'm a crazy starter, but I try to restrict myself: no more than two starts after one finish))). Sorry to say, if I put something aside it can stay this way for a long time... And I'm a psychopathic finisher: if there'is not much left to stitch I won't do anything else (eat, sleep, etc.)

English is not my native language as you can easily guess, but I try my best.


Hope you all are not tired of me yet. Sometimes I just can't shut up. SORRY!))


A few years ago I fell in love with large repro samplers. Since then I was buying and kitting, but didn't dare to start till this year. In fact, my first love was and is Ruth Bacheler but THE START was Dorothy Walpole and she is to be my first finish.








And here's where I'm now








My plans for the next starts are (in random order)



Sarah Harvey

And my love



Ruth Bachelor


WISH ME LUCK!!!

11 comments:

Nicola said...

A warm welcome Tatyana, this truly is an international SAL. Do you have a stockist of Scarlet Letter in Russia.

Thank you so much for participating.

Nicola said...

I forgot to add that I think that your English is excellent, I am embarrassed to say that I do not know one word of Russian so have relied on Google.


Я действительно с нетерпением жду знакомства с вами и становится все колющие друзей.

I hope this is correct.

Elaine said...

Beautiful stitching! I look forward to seeing your progress and I agree with Nicola your English is perfect!

Tatyana (tookie) said...

Nicola, you're flattering me! We don't even have a stockist of any hand-dyed threads and linens! I ordered all the patterns directly from Scarlett Letter. Lucky me, they ship to Russia. And I have to order everything from abroad (mostly US internet stores) Oh, pooh me!))))) (just kidding)

Google transleter is such a fan sometimes. If to translate back from Russian you offered me to become stabbing friends)))

Спасибо за теплый прием! (Thank you for the warm welcome)

Elaine, thank you! I'll do my best to make more decent pictures.

Deb said...

You have picked some of my favorites. I'm going to so enjoy watching your progress.

Tatyana (tookie) said...

Thank you, Deb!

woolwoman said...

Welcome Tatyana - it's so fun to hear that a stitcher from a small village in Russia is a lover of Scarlet Letter. I will enjoy seeing your progress - Melody in Sunny Florida

Dot said...

What a wonderful and fun introduction. I'm so glad that you are part of this group. You have some beautiful charts to stitch. Your English is just perfect.

Deanna Chavez said...

Tatyana, your English is wonderful, and so is your stitching. I look forward to seeing all your work.

Tatyana (tookie) said...

Thank you all ladies for a var, welcome! Nice to meet you all.

Tatyana (tookie) said...

Ooops, warm welcome, of course!