Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 6 December 2012

A Post on behalf of Sampler Pam of The Sampler Speaks


Hello


Thank you for Nicola and Joanne for putting this together. What a wonderful idea.


My name is Pam and I live in South Carolina. I go by Sampler Pam since there are several Pams in the sampler world. Originally from southern Wisconsin 20 miles from the Scarlet Letter to be exact. Our family still lives there. 


I fell in love with samplers in 1979 while attending a sampler exhibit at the Pabst Mansion in Milwaukee. I was lucky to find the Scarlet Letter was in New Berlin off Coffee Road.

At that time there was no internet so everything was done by mail and not that many samplers available. Thank heaven for Marsha at the Scarlet Letter.


Oh what the internet has done for the sampler world.  


We moved to Nebraska in the summer of 1980 so have been ordering from Marsha ever since. I have many of her graphs. 


My family thinks I am wonkie but I tell them I am the curator of my own little sampler museum.


Doesnt that sound much better.?LOL


I am still deciding on what I will be stitching.  I love houses so it will be a house sampler. Actually I am thinking of taking all of the Scarlet Letter samplers that I have and taking motifs, houses, a verse or two, borders and calling it my Scarlet Letter favorite sampler.


I am hopping this will qualify for the group.


I am off to go through all of my graphs and will post again soon.


Till then, 

Kindly 

Sampler Pam

3 comments:

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome to the group Pam. What an amazing idea to stitch a Sampling of Scarlet Letter Samplers.

I am going to look forward to seeing it being stitched. it will be a real tribute to Marsha.

Thank you so much for participating and adding to our year of fun and sisterhood.

Brenda said...

Hi Pam So glad to see you have joined us and what a great idea you have for stitching a sampler. I sure wish I had known you while you lived only a mile from me. We could have stitched samplers together to our hearts content. I too was at that sampler showing at the Pabst Mansion and wish we could have another exhibit like that again. It was a great one. Brenda from WI

Martha S said...

Hi Pam,
I'm glad you joined the group, now we can get together to have a Nicola's Scarlet Letter stitch a long day.
Martha