Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 10 December 2012

A Post on Behalf of Robin L




My name is Robin Lund and I live in Greensboro, NC with my husband, Bill, and our little dachshund, Molly.  Bill works at the local Lexus dealership and although he thinks he is the head of our household, the one who is really in charge is Molly.  She is two years old and she has both Bill and I completely wrapped around her little paws. What a little character she is!!!     

Here she is celebrating the holidays…see her smile?



           

As for me, I have been stitching for more years than I care to admit.  In fact, having a threaded needle in my hand and short pieces of thread all over my clothing is the only way that I feel totally complete!  Wonder what that says about me? 

I am very happy to be participating in Nicola’s Scarlet Letter year! As a past recipient of the 50th year award, I think that a stitching challenge is a perfect way to usher in such a milestone year!  I only wish that I had thought of it!  (I must say, however, that my 50th birthday celebration remains my best one yet!)

My friend Chris Lynch and I formed a sampler guild last year.  In fact, the Piedmont Heritage Sampler Guild will be celebrating its first anniversary when Nicola begins a new decade.  Currently, our guild has 16 incredibly talented members, 5 of whom are also participating in this challenge.   

Although I have several Scarlet Letter samplers in my stash, I wanted to get something new for this challenge.  I just ordered “Emma Miles” and “Marion Robertson”.  One of these two ladies will get the nod, with the other one bringing up the rear.  Will I choose Adam & Eve?  Or, will my love for Scottish samplers carry the day?  Stay tuned….
                                                                       

Emma Miles

Marion Robertson
  

6 comments:

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Robin and to all the participating members of the guild. You are a very gifted group of needle workers and I look forward o stitching with and learning from you.

You have chosen two gorgeous samplers, both are on my stitch list.

I wonder which you will choose to stitch first.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hi Robin, so now we need to work on the other 11 members to get them involved too!

Emma Miles is certainly a popular choice on here. Looking forward to seeing your final choice.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Robin, it's nice to meet you! Scottish samplers are my favorite, I have several antique Scottish samplers, and Isabel Redie was one of my all time favorite SL samplers. When I finished her, I really felt like I had accomplished something. Marion Robinson is a beauty, also. This is going to be such a fun group!
Melinda

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Robin,

Gorgeous choices.
I can't help but be in a great mood after viewing this blog and reading the comments.

Barbara

HollyXSing said...

Welcome, Robin!

Wonderful choices! I'm doing Emma Miles! I just received my chart and threads from Jean at Attic Needlework!

Whichever sampler you choose...you can't go wrong!

I look forward to following your progress!

-Holly in VA

joann mccormick said...

Hi robin, I love Molly's holiday picture! If only I could get my two pups to smile like that!