Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 7 December 2012

A Post on Behalf of Marsha of The Scarlet Letter

You're all so sweet and kind. You inspire me. 

At present there are four antique samplers in the queue here to be charted: an amazing Spanish sampler with many of the spectacular characteristic counted satin stitch motifs and an interior four-sided border of alphabets, a late 18th century English sampler featuring four verses on the four seasons, a Scottish sampler- basically a rag but the amazing design is still discernible, and Mary Wilson 1711, which is on my website. 

I am finishing up the chart tonight, then the stitching begins. 

Cheers to everyone

Marsha

4 comments:

Nicola said...

Marsha,

I love the colours on Mary Wilson, they look so fresh and vibrant, amazing after 300 years.

Each sampler you mention sounds interesting, such a shame that we cannot buy extra pairs of hands under needle accessories to stitch all your beautiful designs.

Margaret said...

It all sounds so tantalizing! I agree with Nicola -- love the colors on Mary Wilson. Can't wait to see what's ahead!

Escargopotte bordados said...

have a nice day !

Kerri said...

They all sound wonderful. I love seasonal pieces, so I will keep my eye out for that one.