Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 4 December 2012

A Post on behalf of Leona


I am so pleased that I have the opportunity to join this group of amazing stitchers.  Thank you to Nicola for the organising and to Jo for helping her out.  

I live in a small community of Glencoe, just west of Toowoomba in Queensland, Australia.  I have been reading many of your blogs for years now but do not have a blog of my own or comment on your blogs.  The main reason for this is quite simple.  I don’t know how.  Perhaps joining this group may change this for me.

I, like many of you, have a stash of charts and included in those are the amazing ones from Scarlet Letter. I wasn’t going to count them but know I realise that my addiction is not too bad after all.  I only have 21 in my collection.

I have chosen for my first finish, Emma Miles.  


Emma Miles



This one I started probably 5-6 years ago, and as you can see, got bogged down by the over one sections.  No more excuses!  It is still one of my favourites as I love the holly band on it and birds have a soft spot in my heart. Once this one is finished, I would like to tackle Catherine Metcalf 


Catharine Metcalf 1836



and maybe(a very big maybe) Frances B. Jones.


Francis B Jones 1817


I look forward to reading and seeing the progress everyone makes during the year.  I feel very privileged to be a part of this group.

6 comments:

Nicola said...

A warm welcome Leona, thank you for participating.

Your Emma is looking amazing. It is such a pretty sampler as are Catharine and Francis.

I have Catharine in my stash but Francis is a new one for me. Guess what - another one in my shopping cart.

I hope that by participating you will start your own blog. We are all here to help you with Blogger.

cucki said...

A warm welcome from South Africa too:)

Kaisievic said...

Welcome, Leona - give Blogger a try, it is not too hard and we will all help you out.

Carmen Sutton said...

Glad your on board, I'm still trying to talk some non bloggers into giving it a go. Just remember everyone is most willing to help if you run into trouble.
Your picks are wonderful.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely to "meet" you Leona. I have quite a few second cousins who live in Toowoomba and had the pleasure of meeting one of them two months ago for the first time. It's good to try something new and different.

samplerlover said...

Hi Leona, how wonderful that you are joining us. I have all the ones that you have shown, some of which are kitted up including Frances Jones, actually l have started that one. BTW I owe you an email. - Sandra