Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

A Post on Behalf of Kate


Hi everybody -
I'm a little late to the party, but better late than never.  My name is Kate, and I live in Michigan.  I'm a quilter and student of textile history, and samplers are something new for me.  I literally wandered into them by accident when I discovered an exhibit of band samplers at a museum where we had gone to look at printed cotton fabrics.  They were beautiful and fascinating, and I was hooked.  Then I found The Scarlet Letter and The Essamplaire - and Nicola's blog.
Seeing everyone's work is inspiring!  I'm hoping that joining this group and watching the samplers progress will prompt me to get out my own projects and actually work on them. 
I have three Scarlet Letter samplers going, all band samplers.  (Really love those band samplers!)  The framed, finished samplers are from The Scarlet Letter website.
The Scottish Band:  This is my second sampler project ever, and all I have left to do is the initials.  (I didn't take its picture in progress, so I will have something to share when it's finished.)
Rachel Jarratt:  I may have jumped in a little too far with this one.  The scroll frame helps.  If I concentrate on one band at a time it doesn't look so daunting.
                                   
And the third is Mary Steward, which I am working from the bottom up.  (Clearly I need to practice ending threads in double running stitch.)
        
Thank you to Nicola, and Jo, and everyone, for letting me come and stitch with you.
Regards - Kate

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Welcome Kate,

Don't worry your not too late.

You have chosen three stunning samplers. They are going to look AMAZING on your sampler wall.

I really enjoy seeing them come alive in your photos.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

You made wonderful choices.

I am looking forward to your progress.