Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 13 December 2012

A Post on Behalf of Joann McC

To introduce myself, my name is Joann, I live in Houston, Texas....originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I'm really looking forward to this SAL as I have a couple SL that have become UFOs. And I'd love to see them finished.

I will be starting the new year by working on Dona Dorothea. I don't have that much to do, but as satin stitch is my least favorite stitch I've saved most of that till last on this design. And the small area at have started I may have to frog due to counting errors. Did I say I have issues with the Satin stitch? LOL!

I'm not a very fast stitcher but hope to see some finishes in the coming new year. And like Nicola, my birthday is also in February. I will be turning 60! It's going to be fun to see what every is working on thru out the year.




12 comments:

Nicola said...

Hello Joann and welcome to the group.

Your Dona Dorothea is beautiful, I hope to start mine by the middle of next week when my current sampler will be finished.

It is so inspiring to see yours, I can't wait.

Thank you for joining in and adding to the fun.

Lisa M said...

ooo very pretty! Good luck with the satin stitch.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Hi Joann... I'm so glad you've joined us. Your Dona Dorothea is gorgeous.

Love to Stitch said...

This is one of my favorites :) I finished her last fall and I couldnt be more pleased. Looking forward to seeing yours complete!!

~mj~ said...

Glad to see you here Jo!! (I know which Jo you are because of the satin stitch, lol!!)

Gabi said...

Gorgeous stitching Joann :)

Miss Pants said...

Oh I have been eyeing that chart! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Elaine said...

very pretty, beautiful stitching

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Joann,

Gorgeous work.

I absolutely love Mexican samplers.

Barbara

joann mccormick said...

Thank you every one... I have no blog and may be at the mercy of Joanne this year to post my pictures! In fact I hope I can get this note to go thru. Sometimes I'm not very computer savvy.(especially since I'm now working from my iPad and not the desktop)

I'm so looking forward to this coming year and getting some SL finished!

Lanie said...

Hi Joann! Your "Dorothea" is simply beautiful! I can't wait to see her finished...good wishes on your satin stitches! I hope to stitch this sampler one day in honor of my very dear Dorothea, my grandmother, who introduced me to needlework.

Kathy said...

Oh! this is looking great, the colors, your stitching and I love the checkered deer. Too cute.