Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 10 December 2012

A post on behalf of Jennifer C


I have been stitching now for over 20 years and can't imagine a life without needle and thread. What a lovely idea to mark your 50th year Nicola, something to never forget and how amazing to have over 120 people worldwide helping you celebrate! 


My starting sampler is Margret Gatis, which I have had for a while. The fabric I have chosen is zweigart summer khaki, 32 count, which resulted in some very peculiar maths to figure out how much I need. Lets hope I got it right! Any info on whether 32 count is a good idea or not, please let me know.



Margret Gatis 1711


Although I now live in south east England, I am Scottish and feel that at some point over the next year I should be stitching one of Martha's scottish designs. 

Thanks to a post on Nicola's other blog, I fell in love with Permin's Dutch Beauty and started it last week. Therefore I think Margret will not start until the new year and I'll try to post regulary with my progress. Hopefully I can get more than one sampler completed as some of the other choices are gorgeous eg A Flame stitch, Dorothy Walpole and The Hunting Pocket.

Once again thanks Nicola for the push and inspiration to get stitching. 


Jennifer x

5 comments:

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Jennifer to a year of fun and stitching sisterhood.

Unbelievably yet another one I haven't noticed before.

Marsha's portfolio is akin to Mary Poppins' carpet bag, more and more keeps emerging. LOL.

Great to have you onboard xxx

Elaine said...

Hi Jennifer, I am also Scottish living in the South East! I have a couple of Marsha's Scottish samplers but have yet to stitch one! I think 32ct will be fine, but you might want to use 2 threads for coverage.

Deb said...

The colors in that piece are just beautiful. Can't wait to see your start!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Jennifer,

Margret is gorgeous. I am looking forward to sharing your progress.

Barbara

Jennifer Cameron said...

Elaine, We have another thing in common, we have a golden retreiver as well. Small world!