Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 14 December 2012

A Post on Behalf of Alex




Hi everyone!  I am so happy to be joining you in this SAL.   I have a lot going on right now with some major health isssues so I have decided to stitch one of the easier Scarlet Letter designs.   My pattern is A Pattern Record...it does not have a ton of specialty stitches and it looks like it will be easy to break down into sections to stitch. 

Pattern Book Record



 It only calls for 3 colors...I think I will use HDF silks for mine.  I have not done a floss toss yet because I am waiting on a package from Vikki Clayton (HDF silks)... I don't even remember what I ordered but maybe 1 or 2 of my colors will come from my silk order.  I really like stitching blackwork designs...so this one fits in perfectly with some of the other sesigns I have finished.


Happy Stitching everyone!
Alex

5 comments:

Nicola said...

An easier one .... !!!! This looks awesome to me.

Welcome Alex I am looking forward to stitching with you.

Elaine said...

WOW this will be stunning stitched!

Deb said...

I think that this is going to look fantastic!

~mj~ said...

I`m so glad someone else is stitching this beauty with me! I find double running easy in one way (the mechanics of the stitch) and hard in another (concentration is a must!). I can`t do it and watch TV or chat with hubby as I always miss something and either have to rip or add another thread. What fabric are you using?

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Alex

Love, love, love band samplers.
The blackwork stitches up so quickly.
I look forward to seeing your color choices.

Barbara