Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 29 December 2012

A Post for Heather L



As I recorded my stitching goals for 2013 I kept thinking of this group and how fun it would be to join in. Initially I had decided against it because there were so many other things on my list to stitch this year, but then I thought about the camaraderie and friends I would make along the way and went back to the Scarlet Letter website to see what I could stitch if I joined. Of course that did me in quite quickly as Ann Grimshaw and Jane Rees are both high on my list to stitch and I already have the charts. So it seems the stars were aligned. 


Ann Grimshaw


Jane Rees


I also have a few other Scarlet Letter charts on hand and placed another order today for a few more.  Might as well start off on the right foot. Tomorrow I'll cut my fabric for both Ann and Jane and get started on them before January 1st. 


My name is Heather and I have been stitching since 2007 after a long hiatus. I live in Korea with my husband and two dogs. There is not much of a stitching community here so I look forward to getting to know more of you over the course of this year.


Warmest regards,
Heather

7 comments:

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Heather to our ever growing SAL.

You have chosen two gorgeous charts to stitch.

Living in Korea through your husband's work must be fascinating.


Dona said...

Heather, both designs are wonderful. I look forward to seeing your progress as well as what other charts your ordered.

I also just started stitching again around 2007 after taking a long break.

Lanie said...

Hi Heather, so glad you joined the fun! Love your first two choices. I never get tired of seeing "Ann Grimshaw" she is such a pretty sampler.
Enjoy!

Elizabeth said...

Hello Heather. I love your choices and look forward to seeing how they progress.

Vera said...

Hi Heather and welcome to the group. As I type this, we are waiting for our son to return home from Korea...albeit only for a week's vacation. He's made it as far as Detroit...now his flight to Phila is delayed due to the snow we are having. He has been teaching English at a school south of Seoul since September. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Mary said...

Heather, both of your choices are beauties! I'll be starting Ann Grimshaw too.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Heather,

Your choices are wonderful!

I am so glad you decided to join the SAL.

I look forward to seeing your progress.