Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 20 December 2012

A little progress

I have made a bit of progress on Dorothy. I got some of the top border a few flowers and some of the first alphabet done. I see that quite a few people are also stitching her and I look forward to seeing all the updates. With Christmas so close, I am not sure if I will get to work on her until afterwards, but maybe this weekend I will find some time.

I am using DMC and decided to use 2 strands for better coverage on my 36 count linen, and I am liking the way it looks and am happy with that. The colors on the sampler are so pretty, and I am having fun stitching her.









Nikki


8 comments:

Gabi said...

That looks lovely Nikki

anniebeez said...

The colors ARE very pretty! Your going to make me a Dorothy convert!

Nicola said...

Your stitching looks absolutely perfect. Dorothy is such a beautiful sampler.

Tatyana (tookie) said...

It's awesome! I'm almost ready to restart mine)
What linen are you using?

Elaine said...

Very pretty! This is such a lovely sampler

Krista said...

A beautiful start!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm about to start this one too, I think the colours and look of the whole sampler are so pretty - I love the flower section and can't wait to stitch it. I'm going to choose my fabric today hopefully.

Elizabeth said...

This is so nice. I particularly like the texture you have created with using two threads.