Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

A birthday treat

My kit arrived in the mail today - incredibly fast considering it had to come all the way to New Zealand! (Thank you Marsha!) I'm so surprised and incredibly happy because tomorrow is my birthday. Could the timing be any better? I didn't even expect to see it before Christmas with my experience of buying overseas especially in the holiday season. Tomorrow I'm doing a full day at work, dinner out and then to the movies to see The Hobbit. But Friday I'm taking off work, a three day weekend to celebrate my birthday.

(Do we start our Scarlet Letter projects whenever we want or should we wait for the New Year??)

14 comments:

Gabi said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!!!
What a great gift. Love Dorothy Walpole

cucki said...

Happy birthday dear
Super sweet gift xxx

Nicola said...

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear Lisa
Happy Birthday to You.


Start whenever you want, this is all about having fun and enjoying.

Lelia said...

Birthday blessings to you!

What a lovely choice. Looking forward to your progress ; )

Krista said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa! and Happy Stitching! Those threads look beautiful, Dorothy Walpole is one of my picks too, I look forward to seeing your progress pics!

Elaine said...

Happy Birthday! you have picked a wonderful sampler to start with!

Roberta said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa from one December baby to another.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...


Wishing you a very Happy Birthday.

Great sampler choice.

anniebeez said...

Happy Birthday!

Jennifer H said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! I hope you have a great day. Dorothy is a lovely sampler isn't she? And there are so many more...sigh really need more than one lifetime to get it all done! LOL

Hugs and Love,
Jennifer H

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday wishes coming your way. Enjoy your day and have fun!!

Beautiful birthday present!!

Dona said...

Happy Birthday! Beautiful threads and fabric!

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa! Dorothy is also my choice for this Challenge ha ha! Just waiting for my chart and supplies to arrive!

Hugs,

Lisa M said...

Thank you everyone and for the song Nicola! :) The day went exactly as planned and was memorable just for being so perfect. Even the weather co-operated a true long summer's night very warm and settled. My plan today for my day off is to eat well (the pantry is fully stocked with yummy breads, cheese, fruit and chocolate) and start DW!