Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 24 November 2012

Another Ann Grimshaw

What fun it's been to see the choices being made for this great stitch along! As soon as I saw Nicola's posting about it, I knew it was something I'd just have to do. There have been several SL charts in my stash for a long time, with vague plans for doing at least one of them .....someday.....!! But I think this is finally the push I've needed to make a commitment.

Krista, it looks as though you and I can be partners, because I have also decided that I'll be starting Ann Grimshaw just as soon as I have a few other little projects tidied up.


I also wasn't feeling the black and wanted a subtle variegated blue. Turns out, I've been hoarding a skein of Silk n' Colors with the intriguing name of Finnegan's Fog for years, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. This is most definitely it. Seems to me there's a big piece of vintage 40 count in the linen box with no specific purpose that ought to just suit this perfectly.

At the risk of waaaaayyyy over-committing myself, I've also decided to at least make a start at some point on Jane Atkinson.


Yesterday's rummage through the stash boxes wasn't quite so productive for this one though. It would break my heart to stitch it in anything other than silk. But after a quick scan of what was called for, I saw I only had 3 or the 26 shades of Au Ver A Soie on hand. Once all the silk has been acquired, I'll get going on this wild beauty too.

I'm so looking forward to reading more about each other's choices!

8 comments:

Elaine said...

Jane Atkinson is another of my favourites! I too have had several SL charts in my stash for years!

Krista said...

We will have a fun time, Mary! I love the color you have chosen. I am still looking online for the right color... I am so indecisive! :(
Jane Atkinson is a beauty too!

Nicola said...

Beautiful choices Mary, Jane is in my stash too.

It is going to be such fun seeing so many SL samplers being stitched.

There are some I have never seen worked before.

I think Ann will look amazing in variegated thread so I will be following you and Krista with great interest.

EvalinaMaria said...

Awesome choices, I'm looking forward to seeing your WIPs.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Jane Atkinson is one of my SL WIPs. I'm looking forward to getting back to her, perhaps after Emma Miles is completed. Ann Grimshaw hangs on my dinning room wall.

Babs in Alabama said...

Hi Mary, I've just signed up and it will Jane Atkinson I'm working on too. Mine is in dmc though. I was buying so much silk back when I bought it, decided enuff is enuff :)
Anyway, will post a pic of my start as soon as I figure out which bag it's in.

HollyXSing said...

Mary, I have stitched Ann Grimshaw and she is one of my all time favorites! I stitched in a dark brown with a vintage linen! She is a looker!

I look forward to following your progress!

-Holly in VA

Katrina said...

Love both your choices!!!!! And I think Finnegan Blue will be gorgeous.