Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 30 November 2012

The Twigg Gals

 
Hi - I'm so pleased to be able to take part in this challenge.  What a great idea for a celebration, Nicola :)   I'm Dianne, from the Canadian West (Calgary) - we can see the Rocky Mountains from our garden, and can drive there in less than an hour.

 For my Scarlet Letter project, I've pulled out a little kit that I've had for years - The  Twigg Miniatures, circa 1800.    I think I was put off by the notion of stitching one of these entirely over 1 thread, but I'd decided a month or so ago that I could manage this now.   I love the colours of the silks in these, some of my favorite blue-greens and grey-greens.   Here's the link to the SL site of this kit:
http://www.scarlet-letter.com/samplers/twigg.php
The images are also from the Scarlet Letter website.  

 As I'm also committed to two  Amy Mitten projects at the moment ("Ten", the anniversary sampler for our Sampler Guild, as well as her Winders-Keeper tutorial),  and I'm not a speedy stitcher,  I won't let myself be tempted by another SL sampler at the moment (so I tell myself now, but there are so many possibilities LOL).  That said, I'm very drawn to the Unicorn Bellpull as well as the Hornbook Bestiary - one of our  Guild members has stitched a brilliant series of ornaments using the motifs from the Bellpull, and I think something similar could be done with the Hornbook designs too.  Here's the link to the SL site of this kit:
http://www.scarlet-letter.com/samplers/twigg.php

Hopefully I'll be able to start later in December, as soon as I finish the ornaments I'm working on - hopefully by then my camera glitch will be smoothed out and I'll be able to update my blog .......

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Welcome Di, it's good to have you onboard.

Your gals are another new one to me. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could end up with all Marsha's designs in our finishes gallery.

I couldn't post photos on my blog tonight either. I think that a lot of us have had problems.



Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

pretty little samplers - as you say, the colours are really pretty - look forward to your starts.