Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 25 November 2012

Thank you, Nicola!

I think Nicola is such a sweetheart for starting this year of the SL challenge!  So exciting!  I'm so glad to be joining in.  Scarlet Letter was my first introduction to reproduction samplers, to working on linen, and to working with silks.  And I have so many SL charts I want to stitch too!

I'm starting out with something I put aside for a while, and have recently picked up again.  It's And All Was for an Appil.  This is where I am with it right now.


This is what it will look like when finished.  (Picture from the Scarlet Letter website.)


I'm also a part of an SAL for Susan Singleton.  This one won't be done by the end of the year because of the SAL schedule, but it is an SL piece.  (Picture again taken from Scarlet Letter website.)


I have so many others I want to work on as well.  This challenge is the perfect excuse to indulge my SL love.

Thanks again, Nicola!

9 comments:

Nicola said...

You are very welcome and don't forget it was you and Laurie that introduced me to The Scarlet Letter so thank you both too!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Yay... you're here Margaret. I feel myself falling under the spell of Susan Singleton. I don't know how much longer I can hold off ordering and starting this beauty.

Sandra Ball said...

And All Was For An Appil is one of my favorites! Stitched her about 6 or 7 years ago and she lives in my family room in a prominent place. I smile everytime I walk by her. You will enjoy every stitch you make in her.

Vera said...

Oh! I have Appil in my stash. It is huge! I may need to start her...This is such an enabling SAL!! Vera

Elaine said...

What a happy colourful pair of samplers! A couple more for the wish list!

HollyXSing said...

Hey, Margaret!!!! I have the SL Appil chart, as well! I am going to start doing Emma Miles...the holly across the middle is perfect for me;)

-Holly in VA

samplerlover said...

Hey Margaret, you know the girls are right. These 2 go so well together.

Anne said...

Loooove Sarah!! I may have to get her too! IAAWA is amazing....love the progress :D

Katrina said...

Both gorgeous, love your AAWFAA!!!!