Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 24 November 2012

So many to choose from....

I have just spent a wonderful morning trying to decide which of the many wonderful Scarlet Letter designs I am going to choose to start this challenge with.

I have narrowed it down to a mere 16!

Here is my list:

1.   Jenny Bean
2.   Amelia Boyce 1828
3.   Ann Brockbank 1812
4.   The Faery Queene Sampler
5.   Grazing Sheep
6.   Ann Hall 1812
7.   German sampler signed iamek dated 1801
8.   Lucretia Maus 1832
9.   Polly Phillip
10.                 Mary Platt 1835 A memorial sampler
11.                 Dora Sanger
12.                 Eliza Shipton 1807
13.                 Susan Singleton
14.                 The hart lives where it loves
15.                 The Huntsman
16.                 The Piping Shepherd c1730

   So many gorgeous ones to choose from - so hard to decide.
     
   A question for you, Nicola, do you stitch with cotton or silk threads and if the latter are they nice to stitch with?

  I am really excited by this challenge.  Thank you, Nicola and Jo for setting up the blog.

   hugs everyone, 



6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

16 out of 300+, that's good going!

I've not really had a chance to browse the site yet to start my short list. Been a little busy adding people to the blog!!

Krista said...

What a great list, Kaye! Looked kind of like mine this morning too, lol! I look forward to seeing which one you plan to start with and stitching thru the year with everyone.

Nicola said...

My list looked like that too.

My whole Christmas list is made up of Scarlet Letter samplers. I will need to live to 110 to finish them all and build more walls to hang them on!!

We are 31 participants so far so we should be getting to see lots of different samplers being stitched.

I love AVAS silks and they will always be my first choice.

EvalinaMaria said...

What a list! I have an eye on the Grazing Sheep too :)

Elaine said...

What a fantastic list! I have been collecting these wonderful sampler charts for the last few years - have still to finish one!! There are a few on here I don't know, think I need to browse the catalogue again!

Lisa M said...

I understand your problem! I've made a board on pinterest to record my wishlist - after spending hours going through the website.