Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 26 November 2012

So many Samplers..So Little Time

Hi all,

My name is Michele and I live on the South Coast  just on the edge of the beautiful New Forest.  I am delighted to take part in this challenge, not only because Nicola has become such a valued friend but also because we share a Scarlet Letter Year.  My first (!) entry will be SDW, which is the SAL that I am part of, along with Nicola and four others.


This is the progress to date after 5(?) weeks.

This is the final result - or at least what I hope it will look like, as taken from the SL website
Photo

Already on my "To Do" list are Ann Medd

Ann Medd

and Mary Hurst

Mary Hurst

and  many of you have inspired me me to fill a basket at Scarlet Letter.  So added to the list are Emily Miles; AD 1662 pictured below:

AW 1662


Boscobel Oak

Boscobel Oak

and Mary Hurst

Mary Hurst
All these images are taken from the SL Website.

Beginning to see a bit of a theme going on here.  Anyway hopefully Nicola's brilliant idea will result in some lovely samplers, some lovely memories and some lovely new friends.

It would be lovely if you would check out my blog - which is very new, but I would love to share with you all.

http://stitchingcatsandchickens.blogspot.co.uk/

9 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Each choice is so inspiring it's hard to resist ordering new designs.

Nicola said...

If my Scarlet Letter Year ends with some lovely samplers in our gallery, some lovely memories to treasure and some lovely new friends to cherish I will be very happy.

All your choices are beautiful.

Laurie in Iowa said...

All wonderful choices. Your SDW looks great.

samplerlover said...

Love your SDW. I love your lion. He reminds me of the Lion in the Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Some beautiful samplers in your other selections.

Anne said...

Good luck with all those samplers! You've chose some real beauties!

Katrina said...

All fun samplers!!!!!!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Oh, my gosh, Ann Medd!!!! I'm intimidated just looking at her.

Melinda

Michele said...

The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe is my favourite book, so now I will think of the sampler as my Aslan sampler

Inguna said...

Great samplers!