Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 24 November 2012

Phebe Smith's 1768 Sampler

Looking forward to this challenge :)  I am planning to stitch Phebe Smith's 1768 sampler.  I am not sure if this sampler was ever sold as a kit/chart or not.  Back in April 1994, the premier issue of "Country Home - Folk Crafts" had an article about Marsha in it and included the chart for this sampler.  I have been wanting to stitch it for a long time so I am choosing it for this challenge.  It was originally charted for DMC/Soie d'Alger but I did the conversion to Hand Dyed Fibers and got them ordered yesterday.  Right now, I have no idea what linen I will use.  I will dig in to my stash once the silks arrive and decide then.  (Picture from emlis.com)

Happy Stitching!
Jennifer

5 comments:

Nicola said...

Hello Jen,

This is so interesting, I keep seeing more and more of Marsha's beautuful work.

Our gallery of finishes will be a great testiment to her.

Laurie in Iowa said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you bring this sampler to life.

Anne said...

REally beautiful sampler!

C Street Samplerworks said...

Jen,

I did a double-take when I saw you sampler selection, because Phebe doesn't seem to show up very often. I stitched Phebe from the Folk Crafts magazine chart, too. It was a fun sampler to stitch. Looking forward to seeing your progress pics!

Fran

Jen Rawlins said...

No, Fran, she doesn't. I guess I kinda like the thought of doing in part for that very reason :)