Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 30 November 2012

My first Scarlet Letter

Thank you so much to Nicola and Jo for inviting me to join this group.  I've not stitched a Scarlet Letter sampler yet.  Although, I have had several on my wish list for quite a while.  This is just the push I needed to get one off the list and in my hand!

Photo credit:  The Scarlet Letter

I've chosen the Hornbook Bestiary Sampler for my start as I have a fondness for hornbooks in general.  I plan to ask for it for Christmas.  If I don't get it for Christmas then I'll order it for my birthday a few days later.  Yep, I have a holiday season birthday that's both a curse and in this case, maybe a blessing.

I will start sometime after the first of the year.  I'm looking forward to watching everyone's samplers grow!  Thanks again, Nicola and Jo!

Lisa aka The Inspired Stitcher

5 comments:

Nicola said...

Welcome Lisa,

The Hornbook is a very interesting an unique project and one I certainly look forward to seeing stitched.

My grandson is due to be born on December 31st I wonder if he will be early and be born on your birthday.

Michele said...

23rd is a good day!

Deb said...

I'm going to love watching your progress. I've always wanted to do that one but have yet to get around to it.

Kielrain said...

Oooh, that is one I was looking at (I don't need to buy more!). I can't wait to see your progress.

Vera said...

Love this one! I have it in my stash and may need to kit it up! Welcome to the group. This is so much fun.