Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Mary Ann MacDonald and Dorothy Walpole

Thank you, Jo and Nicola, for making this new obsession possible! I have a approximately ten Scarlet Letter WIPs, some of which I put on my blog when I decided to join you all. I'd love to finish these two this year. I have started Mary Ann MacDonald but don't have an up-to-date photo (I'll get one this weekend and post it). I love the grinning angel--looks a little like Rachel Ray, I think.
And here's my progress on Dorothy Walpole. For anyone thinking of working on it--the eyelets can be a bit tedious (although some people choose to do rice stitches, which I think look just as nice) but it is so worthwhile! I'm using the called-for AVAS silk on Picture This Plus 40 count in either Heritage or Legacy (I think.)
Can't wait to see everyone's progress! Glenna

4 comments:

Nicola said...

Welcome aboard Glenna. Mary Ann and Dorothy are both beautiful samplers, they will look amazing when hung in our finishes gallery.

Katrina said...

Woohoo, glad you are here Glenna!!!! Love both samplers :-).

Elaine said...

Beautiful stitching! I love the colours on this one

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

love the fabric you are using for Dorothy Walpole - both beautiful Samplers.