Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 30 November 2012

Just the Push I Needed!

I’ve been a huge Scarlet Letter fan since the 1980’s, and over the years I’ve amassed a tidy collection of charts.  I’ve stitched Ann Scutt, Margret Mason, Phoebe Smith, Abigail Gould & American Quaker Band Sampler.

Right now I have three Scarlet Letter samplers in my WIP/UFO basket--Martha Salter, Betsy Manchester,  and Harriot Boardman.  I’ll begin with Martha Salter which is nearly 3/4 finished, and who knows where I'll go from there--maybe I'll finish another UFO, or I might even start a new SL sampler!



This is going to be such fun.  I see SO many familiar names here!  Thank you Nicola for giving me just the push I need to finish Martha Salter!

Peace & Love,
Fran Russell



5 comments:

Krista said...

Welcome, Fran! Martha Salter is just gorgeous! It is quite amazing the array of beautiful samplers to choose from.

Nicola said...

Welcome Fran,

I m looking forward to seeing Martha as I have her in my stash.

What fabric did you pick?

C Street Samplerworks said...

Nicola, the fabric I'm using for Martha is 32ct Natural Brown linen by Wichelt. And I'm using DMC floss, with a few color changes so my Martha will match the colors in the photo.

Can't wait to get started! I'd forgotten Martha's lovely colors--and all that gorgeous satin stitching!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous sampler!!!!!!

Lelia said...

You stitched Ann Scutt!!! Really? I haven't accomplished much on that sampler, tho, think it is so pretty