Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Jo who can't make her mind up

Finally, I get to make a blog post on here myself!

Helloooooooo to all the incredible stitchers who have signed up for Nicola's Challenge and have posted already.  You really are enabling the rest of us!

Here's my short short list, I made a few "rules" to help cut down on choices, must be English (because I am), must feature a variety of stitches, no big old houses (because I'll get bored), no naked Adam and Eves (because I have Small Boys who will snigger!) and I do like an alphabet too.



Ann Johnson Reproduction Sampler

Pattern Record (I'd use more than three colours though)
Pattern Record

Judeth Payne

EH 1669

Side by Side Band

Martha Wilkins

Transitional

Gardner Pocketbook (I'd stitch this as a picture not a pocketbook though, I love the colours)
Gardner Pocketbook

I also looked at Joanna Warren (for obvious reasons, it's my name (almost!)) but she looks very big and busy, I think I'd get bogged down in her.

Joanna Warren

I also love the small "My Beloved" so I might treat myself to that one for Christmas, I think I could definitely finish that one in less than a year!

My Beloved

So what do you think?  It's a very difficult decision!  There are 327 to choose from and even after you exclude certain things there's still a huge range to choose from.  Happy browsing!

I told Nicola about my choices and she helpfully came up with a few more!!  So I feel a "pin sticking" session may be in order.

11 comments:

Krista said...

Great 'short' list, Jo! lol! All so different. Everytime someone posts I see new ones I like :)
It will be fun stitching the year all together. Thanks again for setting up the blog, great job!

Nicola said...

Jo it is impossible to choose. I have just put another order through for more samplers after seeing them on the blog !!!

We are certainly being inspired.

I am looking forward to seeing what you choose with your pin!!!

Lelia said...

excellent choices. I, too, have the side by side + joanna warren (which may be over my head!).

The Beloved is quite charming!

EvalinaMaria said...

They all look lovely!

Lisa M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa M said...

oh wow - nice list. Some of these look really hard so I'm really looking forward to see the WIPs that will hopefully dispell that myth.

(deleted my comment above as it had major typos.)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I would go for Ann Johnson, such a lovely sampler and I've not noticed it before. I too love the pocket book and thought about ordering it - I think I will probably add it to my list.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Well what I think if you already know you love them all and would be happy to start any of them right now - toss the names in a bag pick one, two or even three out and go for it!

Ruth said...

Really love Ann Johnson, its so hard to choose just one to start with isn't it.

Rachel said...

While I am not playing in the SAL, I am avidly cheering from the sidelines. I just can't add another thing to my world at the moment. If I got to vote, HA!, I would definitely vote for Ann Johnson.

samplerlover said...

Wow, what beautiful choices. I have always liked Joanna Warren. That one is beautiful.