Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 24 November 2012

I have already started!!


I am currently stitching the wonderful SDW Sampler with a group of ladies, organised by Nicola.  This is an epic sampler and I am not sure I would have achieved so much if it were not for the support of my stitching friends! We motivate and encourage each other and share weekly progress pictures.





Linen is 36 count Edinburgh in colour Flax, with the recommended AVAS threads, it is difficult to see from the photo how lovely and vibrant these colours are.





This week I have finished the top band, apart from the blackwork section (I am still not sure if I will change it or not) and have scrolled on to the next band, I did intend to finish the left hand flower this week, but I am still waiting for one skien of silk to arrive.




4 comments:

Nicola said...

WOW, WOW, WOW.

The more I see of SDW the more I love.

Krista said...

It is looking so beautiful, Elaine!! Love your progress!

Laurie in Iowa said...

I've really enjoyed watching the SAL participant's progress on this sampler.

Katrina said...

Very pretty!!!!!!