Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Hello from South Carolina

HELLO  
Thank you Nicola and Jo for inviting me to join the group. 
Greetings from Aiken South Carolina.  I belong to the Isabella Birtwistle sampler guild.
Last year some of the ladies decided to stitch Scarlet Letter's Country Life.  I signed up to stitch it, then my husband became ill and I had to drop out.  Two months ago, I took it with me on a trip to Chicago to start the border.  I posted a picture of it on the sampler group on Facebook, thinking that would keep me motivated.  Then Jo posted about Nicola's Scarlet Letter year and I just had to join.
When I lived in Chicago, Scarlet Letter would come and sell her kits at 2 craft shows.  I would just go crazy looking at her samplers and try and decide which one to buy.  This was long before the internet and other designers.
I've also been working for the past 2 yrs on Mary Gail, but this is taking a long time-one over one.
So I will pick up and stitch this when I need a break from Country Life.
I'm looking forward to seeing  what everyone is stitching.
Happy Stitching,
Martha Spee

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Welcome Martha.

Mary Gail is a new one on me so I will be off to check her out.

I have Country Life in my stash and plan to stitch it. My son has a farm so it will make a nice house gift for him and my DIL.

Nicola said...

I love Mary Gail, how did I not notice her before!!!