Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 30 November 2012

Hello everyone. Like all of you, I'm absolutely delighted to be a part of this growing group. Thank you so very much to Nicola and Jo for all your hard work in bringing us all together.

I too will be turning 50 next year and as a long time lover of samplers, I couldn't think of a better way to spend 2013 than doing what I love most and sharing with like minded friends.

I have ordered two kits from The Scarlet Letter. The first is Grazing Sheep (images from The Scarlet Letter website)

Grazing Sheep

The second kit I chose was Rachel Ayres .

Rachel Ayres Reproduction Sampler

I'm still not sure which I will work on first and to be honest, I can see myself ordering several more kits or charts before very long. I found it so very difficult to make a decision on my first SL purchases. I've admired these charts for many years and although I have a substantial stash of charts, I didn't have any SL's which surprised me. Never mind. My problem is now solved.

Looking forward to the new year ahead.
Cheers, Dot (Victoria, Australia)

5 comments:

Nicola said...

Beautiful choices Dot, I have both of these and they are very high up on the to be started ASAP list.

I think SL charts are very addictive.

Now all I need for Christmas is an extra pair of sewing hands, better make that several.

Nikki said...

These are two of my choices too. I don't currently have any SL charts and it is sooooo hard to choose.

Nikki

samplerlover said...

Two beautiful samples. Grazing sheep is really lovely. I have it hanging in one of my bedrooms. I also have Rachel Ayres kitted up. She will probably be my second sampler when l finish my current one.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

both wonderful choices.

Natalia said...

Beautiful choices, Dot. I love them both, but I particularly love Rachel Ayres and I don't think I had seen it before !! I may have to order that one too !! Welcome to the group !!