Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 24 November 2012

Freelove Hazard

I am so excited to be taking part in this challenge!

For my first sampler, I have chosen Freelove Hazard.


I have had this in my stash for the longest time.
I just love all the birds and colors in it! I also love that name! It always sounds to me like a 60's Hippie chick!

I spent yesterday kitting it up. Au Ver a Soie is my silk of choice, however I did not have all the colors. Where necessary, I substituted with Elsa Williams and Splendor. I think they are very close matches.


I am very anxious to get started, however I do have some holiday stitching that I need to finish, so it will be a little while before I can start.

After Freelove, I am not sure what I will stitch. I have several SL samplers in my stash, including 17 Sailors.
I also want to stitch Jane Atkinson.

9 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Awesome! I think the title stand for Sophia Freelove and Hazard Carder or Hazard Nathaniel, they married in 1792.

Nicola said...

I love the name, they are still ladies here in Cornwall called Freelove. So sweet.

You have made a lovely choice.

Krista said...

Erica, I just love your choice!! I didn't even see this one when I went thru the catalog. This one will be added to my list for this challenge too :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's great to see everyone's choice, mind you it's very tempting too:-)

Kaisievic said...

Erica, great choice - and I agree with you - I love the name.

Laurie in Iowa said...

The name has always drawn me to this sampler. Great choice.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Erica,
I stitched Freelove a few years ago, and I was chicken to do all that over one, so I did over two on 40 ct.

Melinda

Anne said...

Great name! So funny! I love the sampler and great choice!

Katrina said...

Fun!!!!! Love the colors :-).