Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 29 November 2012

Excited About This Challenge

I'm so excited to be joining this Challenge.  I'm not going to even try to count the number of Scarlett Letter charts I have, but there are a "few"!  Okay, I did count when I was trying to find the right piece to start stitching ...and I have.... 73!!!  And a couple kits - one dating all the way back to 1990.  This group will give me just the incentive to pull some of them out and get going on them.  And also finish up a couple that I have started like Susanna Lane:


Or And All Was For An Appil:


Or Elizabeth Sheffield:


I have a funny feeling that I'll pick something new just because I suffer from extreme startitis.  I have one non-SL project to finish up - probably in the next couple of weeks - and then I'll figure out what I'm going to start.

My top two contenders are Dorothy Walpole and Abigail Gould, but I change my mind on a daily basis - so many wonderful samplers to do.   I do like the idea of going between large and small samplers though.



A huge Thank You to Nicola for starting up this group - and a big Thank You to Jo for helping.  This is going to be a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Nicola said...

I love the word startitis, doesn't it suit us so well.

Susanna Lane has just gone onto my wish list. I bought a load more charts last night, I think that it is very easy to accumulate SL charts.


Ann at Beadlework. said...

Wow, that's a lot of charts. Why is it that no matter how many charts we have at home, we have to buy yet another new one? I wish I knew, it's so difficult to resist.

samplerlover said...

Oh it's lovely to see Susanna Lane again. I have always liked this sampler. All that you have shown are lovely. I wonder what will be the final pick:)

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

you have some lovely samplers there - Dorothy Walpole is my favourite though.