Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 23 November 2012

Dona Dorothea Gazano y Garcia

Dona Dorothea

I fell in love with this sampler the first time I saw it and I am going to start my challenge with her.






There are so many details that appeal.





I am going to kit her up with AVAS but have yet to decide on the fabric. I will post as soon as I do.

My WIP is SDW circa 1710 which I am stitching with Michele, Elaine, Krista, Shannon and Robyn.

SDW Band Sampler

We try to stitch once a week and after four weeks I have reached the fourth page.


SDW Band Sampler


I hope, if all goes to plan to finish the flower and vase this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing what you are going to stitch.

Nicola xxx

13 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Nicola, you've done marvelous job setting up this blog. Now my fingers are itchy and I can't wait for my kits to arrive.

Nicola said...

The credit for the blog should go to Jo, a group blog was beyond me.

I love her design.

Krista said...

Dona Dorothea is one of my faves too, not sure which one I will start with yet. This will be a fun journey!

Margaret said...

Oh nice! I have Dona as a WIP. lol! Perhaps I'll pick her up again during the challenge! This challenge is so exciting!

Kaisievic said...

What a gorgeous design to start with, Nicola. Thanks to you and Jo for setting this up.

Elaine said...

What a fantastic sampler Nicola! loads of wonderful details - another one for the list I think :)

Elizabeth said...

A lovely sampler Nicola - it will be stunning.

Here is the one I have chosen - I have probably 'bitten off more than I can chew'! But...I am determined to do this.

Elizabeth x
http://www.wye.co.uk/view/Cross_Stitch_Kits/Scarlet_Letter_Samplers/18th_Century_English_Samplers/The_Seventen_Sailors_circa_1780/

Laurie in Iowa said...

Dona Dorothea is a gorgeous sampler.

samplerlover said...

Dona Dorothea is such a beautiful sampler. I love your SDW. The Lion reminds me of the Lion in the Narnia books lol. I know Robyn that you are doing this SAL with. She is a lovely lady:)

Anne said...

Dorothea is stunning Nicola! I love the bright colours and bands in this sampler. Great progress on SDW! It's a massive one!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous samplers!!!! I have Dona Dorothea all kitted with the Attic conversion.

Lisa M said...

Dona Dorothea is such a sweet design. My eye is always drawn to the peacock in SDW - he steals the show!

joann mccormick said...

I love this design. Mine got pushed down in my basket but it is going to be my first choice to start on for the SAL. I think it's great I won't be along stitching on mine!