Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 30 November 2012

Decisions, decisions...

My name is Louise. I'm originally from New York State and have been living in France for 25 years, here in the south for the last 15.

This challenge is a great opportunity to finish up some WIPs. I haven't been stitching much in the last few months and this is just the motivation I need to get busy. I would say I am first and foremost a knitter and spinner (louknits on ravelry), and though I love to stitch, it often gets pushed to the background.

That said, I spent a few hours yesterday tracking down all the SL patterns I have acquired over the last 25 years or so, and have discovered 25 patterns and 14 kits! My priority will be to work on the kits, starting with the smallest ones. That means the 1840 Miniature Sampler, followed by the Huswif circa 1780. Next up will be Elizabeth Raysor's Sampler of 1834. I have had Ruth Bacheler 1717 in my stash for a while, and can't wait to start her! But she will have to wait for a few finishes.

Thanks to both Nicola and Jo for their time and effort in organizing this SAL. I look forward to seeing everyone's progress.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Welcome, Louise! How great you can shop through your own stash! Looking forward to seeing your projects.

Nicola said...

Welcome Louise,

I think we are all collectors and could open small stores.

Your chosen samplers are beautiful and will be wonderful additions to our finishes gallery.

I am looking forward to getting to know you.