Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Another Dorothy Walpole

Hi Everyone :) This is going to be so much fun. There are many reproduction samplers I want to stitch and many of those are Scarlett Letter designs. Oh my gosh these are daunting and big. I've decided to go with my first love and stitch Dorothy Walpole. Then as desired required start the others that I like. I've ordered the full kit and I hope it gets to New Zealand soon!!

image from http://www.scarlet-letter.com/
I love Dorothy Walpole each section is striking and the strawbery border is so sweet. I can't wait to put needle to fabric on this one!

Thank you Nicola and Jo for starting this and putting together the blog.

6 comments:

anniebeez said...

Is the bottomsection free hand stitching? She is beautiful!

Nicola said...

Dorothy is an amazing sampler and one to be very proud of.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

This is my first choice too and I can't wait for it to arrive in Scotland. I'm so pleased that a few others will be working on the same design.

Krista said...

Beautiful choice, this is also on my list this year too! Anniebeez.. it is cross stitch with some satin stitches too, which I imagine may be able to be done as cross stitch? On the SL website there is a more detailed photo of that section.

Elaine said...

Fantastic choice! This one is next up for me I think

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Gorgeous choice.