Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 24 November 2012

An Exciting Challenge!

Since reading Nicola's post yesterday I have been browsing through the Scarlet Letter's catalog deciding where to begin!  At first there were about a dozen in my list.... well more than I could do in a year!

SO, I have narrowed my list down to Dorothy Walpole, Dona Dorothea Gazano y Garcia (love the bands and the checkered deer!) and a pin cushion too, but have decided my new start will be Ann Grimshaw 1818!

Ann Grimshaw 1818

It is charted for black thread but I have been thinking all day about using something that is a bit variegated, perhaps in the blue family.  I love planning out a new project!
I had completed a quaker sampler a few months back but this is quite different with more floral motifs and all the alphabets...LOVE!

I also have a WIP that I am enjoying immensely!  A group of us started the SDW Sampler about a month ago and I have the first band almost complete....

SDW Sampler

I have this sampler in rotation for one day a week so I hope I can finish the lion this weekend and move onto the next band.

Thank you so much to Nicola for starting this celebration challenge and to Jo for setting up the new blog!  I love that the beautiful Ann Medd Sampler is shown as a backdrop, it is a great inspiration!  

I look forward to stitching into the new year with all of you!  

Krista  





8 comments:

Nicola said...

Wonderful choices Krista.

I can see where you are coming from on the variagted thread, any thoughts about fabric?

Krista said...

I am thinking of Edinborough 36 ct for the fabric. I am leaning towards antique white or cream, but will depend on what color thread I decide upon, whether to go in more a cool or warm palette.

Lelia said...

Good selections Krista. What fun.

EvalinaMaria said...

Awesome!Your quaker is lovely, I think I could stitch this one also :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love stitching in variegated thread, it'll look lovely.

I've not seen the Quakers on the site yet. Maybe because I've only looked at the English samplers so far.

Ann Medd just fits perfectly down the side of the blog, couldn't have planned it better myself!

Elaine said...

Dorothy Walpole will be my next start! I need to finish SDW first tho!

Laurie in Iowa said...

You've made wonderful choices. Dorothy Walpole was at the top of the list of my favorite samplers to stitch.

HollyXSing said...

Hey, Krista:

I love Ann Grimshaw. I stitched her up several years ago. I used a dark brown silk with a vintage linen. Ann G. is a real looker!

She is one of my all time favorites!

I look forward to following your progress,

-Holly in VA