Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 25 November 2012

A WIP or something new?

Thank you Nicola and Jo for offering this challenge and SAL! I am also turning 50 this year, in October, so I just HAD to join this challenge!  I am so excited for the incentive to finish some of my SL WIPs. I have all of the catalog pages and have spent many happy hours in the past pouring over all of the samplers and reading all of the info about each one. I have The Unicorn Sampler started and AED 1746. I own another one which I haven't started, and I have coveted many many others.
Here is my start on MD The Unicorn Sampler. It is circa 1660.
And here is what it looks like finished:(photo taken from Scarlet Letter Website)
And then there is AED Germany 1746,which actually has the initials AEDEGNES 1746. I affectionately call it Agnes. Here is the finished chart(taken from SL):
I don't have any progress pics at the moment, but I will take some this week for sure. 
So man, if I could get these 2 samplers done in 2013, I would be overjoyed. I do have some other stitching commitments, but this will help motivate me to keep these in the rotation.And of course I would LOVE to finish these and start something new!

xx
~Annie

11 comments:

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicola said...

OMG I have more samplers to go on my wish list.

Dona your filet work is superb.

I am thrilled to see The Unicorn being stitched.

Glenna said...

Wow, you have chosen wonderful samplers!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Wow... your filet work is gorgeous.

anniebeez said...

Thank you! I love the filet work, I haven't started the section under the unicorn yet.~Annie

Vera said...

Oh my! The filet work is just so beautiful. Another one to add to my wish list....Vera

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

I have to agree with everyone - this sampler is stunning.

Elaine said...

I have this one on my wish list! I am really looking forward to watching your progress on this one!

samplerlover said...

Oh I love the filet work. This one is beautiful.

Anne said...

Omy gosh Annie! So stunning!! Did you make that lace? Love the big long band samplers...so ornate!

Katrina said...

Wow those are huge samplers!!!! All very pretty.