Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 30 November 2012

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step



I received an email this evening from Jean in Nova Scotia.

Jean advised that she did not have a blog as she is

 "trapped in the last century technologically" 

and 

"This would be my first sampler, my first SAL and my first Scarlet Letter chart. Recently, I’ve thought about stitching a sampler and just needed the little push your idea has provided.

I spent some time on the SL site and chose Emma Miles. There will be a 2-week delay before she is sent but she is ordered and I am excited."





In an exchange of emails I told Jean that I followed blogs from the side lines for quite sometime  before having the courage to even comment and then go on to have my own blog.


I was delighted when Jean emailed back to say

I find myself in a comparable place. I am inspired and if you can do it, then so can I"


Well done Jean, you are very welcome and are an inspiration to us all and we will be here for you.

4 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I think it's great Jean that you've taken this first step. I love your choice of design. I'm still waiting on my charts too.

HollyXSing said...

Jean: I'm stitching Emma Miles, too! I look forward to following your progress!

Welcome aboard the technology train! Enjoy the ride,

-Holly in VA

Michele said...

Go for it Jean. I discovered Nicola by mistake, and boy am I glad that I did. Not only has she turned out to be a generous and giving friend. She is full of really good advice on sewing...and on blogging! Before you know it you will have a blog of your own. That's what happened to me. Enjoy sewing Emma Miles. She is gorgeous.

pam said...

Welcome to the insanity Jean!